The worry tree will help you to:
- recognise what type of worry it is
- turn worries into problems that can be solved
- decide when it is safe to ‘let go’ of worries
There are two types of things not worth worrying about:
- things that you can do something about
- things you can not do something about
Use the worry tree plan to check out one of your worries.
If it is a worry that you cannot do anything about, you will know that is safe to stop worrying. You could distract yourself if you find this difficult to do.
If it is a worry that you can do something about, you can ‘problem solve’ it. You will not have to worry about it any more because you will have a plan. If the worry comes up again you can tell yourself that you have a plan so you need to worry.